Saturday, October 17, 2009

Soooo...

I don't want to start this on too self-deprecating a note, but this is the most recent amusing story in my life.

Tonight I was picking up some friends at the airport from a weekend in New York City, and the following conversation ensued.

Darrin (married to Kristina): Hey Honey! Tell her what I found in the subway!

Kristina: Oh yeah! So we're standing in the subway, and I'm looking at the map all frustrated because I can't figure out where we're going when Darrin taps me on the shoulder and says, "Look what I found on the tracks!" It's a blackberry. He saw a blackberry on the tracks and crawled down to get it while I was looking at the map. Crazy, huh?

Me: Yeah, that's TOTALLY CRAZY!!

So I get them home where Kristina and I start talking in the kitchen. We're in mid-conversation when all of a sudden Darrin bursts out with:

Darrin: I have some weed.

Kristina and Me: (turn and look perplexed...Darrin and Kristina are LDS...not exactly the weed smoking type)

Darrin: Ha! It's a text message in the blackberry. (holds up phone that is definitely not a blackberry)

Me: (confused) Um...that's not a blackberry.

Kristina: It's the sim card from the blackberry. Darrin put the sim card from the blackberry into his phone because the blackberry was out of battery. Now he can read through the phone book and text messages to try to figure out who it belongs to.

Me: Where did Darrin get a lost blackberry?!?!

Kristina: In the subway! We already told you this!

Me: (realizing I was dumb enough to think Darrin crawled into the depths of the NYC subway system for a piece of fruit instead of a multi-hundred dollar piece of electronic equipment) Um...I think I should go home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment